Before proceeding with the application process, please check the Certification Area Requirements to make sure that you meet the necessary minimum qualifications. Then use the chart below for the Application Deadlines. Please review all information before you begin.
Application Deadlines for Program Year (2018-19)
The application process is comprised of the following parts:
- Complete the Online Application (and pay the $100.00 non-refundable fee)
- Have THREE (3) Professional References email a completed Professional Recommendation form to the Certification Department office on your behalf.
- Submit Official College Transcripts from ALL colleges to the Certification Department.
- Official transcripts must be received in an unopened envelope sealed by the college or university.
- Submit PACT Test Scores (required for Limited Admission Cycle)
Special Note: Due to test analytics being performed by ETS for the Core Subjects EC-6 test, you may have difficulty taking your PACT in time to meet our application deadline. If you are able to secure a testing date no later than May 2, your application will still be considered for this cycle. Please call our office at 512-919-5366 with any questions.
Optional: Submit documentation scores from; ACT, SAT, GRE, TASP/THEA, Compass or Accuplacer.
Please send ALL documents to:
Educator Certification Program Assistant
Region 13 Education Service Center
5701 Springdale Road
Austin, TX 78723
6. You may be invited to participate in a Face to Face Interview.
7. If Selected, submit the Registration Fee by due date.
To begin the online application, you will need the following information. Please Do Not begin the application if you do not have this information at this time:
- A valid email address.
- Social Security Number or Resident Alien number (this will serve as your application reference number)
- Education history including institutions attended, and dates.
- Employment history including supervisor's name and contact information and dates of employment.
- Visa, Master Card, or check routing information for $100 application fee.
If you are ready to begin, click on the button below to create an account and start the online application.
Access the Application