ECP program curriculum is aligned with Texas Education Agency standards and educational best practices.
- All curriculum is taught by certified staff and content area experts.
- All classes are held evenings (6-9 pm) and Saturdays (9-4 pm) or online.
Training Topics include:
- establishing a positive and productive classroom environment
- managing student/classroom procedures and behaviors
- planning and creating developmentally appropriate instruction (curriculum and lesson plans)
- delivering engaging instruction
- developing and using student assessments
- understanding student diversity and instructional differentiation
- using a variety of instructional strategies to increase engagement, rigor and relevance
- content specific topics
- professional responsibilities of a teacher
- preparing for first days/weeks of school
- preparing for formal classroom observations
- TExES exam preparation
- district specific training topics