Before proceeding with the application process, check the Certification Area Requirements to make sure that you meet the necessary minimum qualifications. Please review all information below before you begin.
- Paperwork Submission Deadline
- (ALL forms, transcripts, SOQ, etc.)
|Opens - Dec 4, 2017
Closes - July 12, 2018
|Opens - July 13, 2018
Closes - August 10, 2018
- Email with Pre-Screening Approval Form
||July 14, 2018
||August 11, 2018
- Orientation and Pre-Service Training
|July 14 through August 4, 2018
||August 11 through September 1, 2018
The application process is comprised of the following parts:
- Complete the Online Application (and pay the $100.00 non-refundable fee)
- Submit Official College Transcripts from ALL colleges to the Certification Department, (or proof of high school diploma for selected Trades & Industrial Education participants).
- Official transcripts must be received in an unopened envelope sealed by the college or university.
- If seeking certification in Health Science, Marketing, or Trades and Industrial Education complete and send in the Statement of Qualifications (SOQ) form to the Certification Department office.
Please send ALL documents to:
Chrissie Harsh, Program Assistant
Region 13 Education Service Center
5701 Springdale Road
Austin, TX 78723
5. If Selected, submit the Pre-Service Fee by due date.
6. Upon approval, a pre-screening form will be emailed to you. If you have not been hired by a district, the letter will serve as proof that you are eligible for certification through the Region 13 Educator Certification Program.
To begin the online application, you will need the following information. Please Do Not begin the application if you do not have this information at this time:
- A valid email address.
- Social Security Number or Resident Alien number (this will serve as your application reference number)
- Education history including institutions attended, and dates.
- Employment history including supervisor's name and contact information and dates of employment.
- Visa, Master Card, or check routing information pay for the $100 application fee.
If you are ready to begin, click on the button below to create an account and start the online application.
Access the Application