ECP program curriculum is aligned with Texas Education Agency standards and educational best practices.
- All curriculum is taught by certified staff and content area experts.
- All classes are held evenings (6-9 pm CST) and Saturdays (9-4 pm CST) or online.
- Austin Cohort: Teacher-interns employed by schools within the Region 13 service area, as well as those from schools within a 100-mile radius of Austin, attend classes at the Region 13 Education Service Center in Austin.
- Statewide Cohort: Teacher-interns employed by schools within a defined area surrounding each of the distance learning sites attend classes via video teleconference at the site designated for that area.
Training Topics include:
- establishing a positive and productive classroom environment
- managing student/classroom procedures and behaviors
- planning and creating developmentally appropriate instruction (curriculum and lesson plans)
- delivering engaging instruction
- developing and using student assessments
- understanding student diversity and instructional differentiation
- using a variety of instructional strategies to increase engagement, rigor and relevance
- content specific topics
- professional responsibilities of a teacher
- preparing for first days/weeks of school
- preparing for formal classroom observations
- TExES exam preparation
- establishing/revitalizing CTE student organizations
- increasing awareness and knowledge of CTE issues and initiatives
- integrating CTE into campus/district
- marketing CTE courses/programs
- developing partnerships and collaboration in CTE programs
- exploring strategies to implement and manage work-based learning