The following is a general overview of the program schedule. Specific dates and details will be given once accepted into the program.
Orientation and Pre-Service
Blended Training Begins (July 13 - August 3, 2019; Late Hire: August 10 – August 31, 2019)
See the CTE Class Schedule
- All participants begin meeting face-to-face from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm (CST) daily.
- Online coursework continues along with face-to-face meetings.
Field-Based Experience (30 hrs of Observations)
- All interns are required to complete 30 hours of field based experience.
- Please contact our office for documentation forms necessary to complete this requirement.
Blended Training Continues (September 2019 - June 2020)
- All participants continue to meet face-to-face on select Tuesdays (6-9pm CST) and Saturdays (9am-4pm CST).
- Online coursework continues along with the face-to-face meetings.
Internship Year Begins (August 2019 - June 2020)
- Participants must be employed as a teacher of record by a TEA accredited school district.
- Participants begin receiving on-campus support from a campus mentor and an ECP field supporter.
Recommendation for Standard Teacher Certification (June 2020)
- Upon successful completion of internship year and all program requirements, the participant is recommended for a standard teaching certificate through the State Board for Educator Certification. The teaching certificate is valid in any school district in the State of Texas.