The following is a general overview of the program schedule. Specific dates and details will be given once accepted into the program.
Orientation and Pre-Service
Blended Training Begins (July 24-August 5, 2017; Late Hire: August 19-September 2, 2017)
- All participants begin meeting face-to-face from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.
- Online coursework continues along with face-to-face meetings.
Field-Based Experience (30 hrs of Observations)
- All interns are required to complete 30 hours of field based experience.
- Please contact our office for documentation forms necessary to complete this requirement.
Blended Training Continues (September 2017 - June 2018)
- All participants continue to meet face-to-face on select Tuesdays (6-9pm) and Saturdays (9am-4pm).
- Online coursework continues along with the face-to-face meetings.
Internship Year Begins (August 2017 - June 2018)
- Participants must have secured teaching assignment by August 18, 2017 in order to be eligible for this program.
- Participants must be employed as a teacher of record by a TEA accredited school district.
- Participants begin receiving on-campus support from a campus mentor and an ECP field supporter.
Recommendation for Standard Teacher Certification (June 2018)
- Upon successful completion of internship year and all program requirements, the participant is recommended for a standard teaching certificate through the State Board for Educator Certification. The teaching certificate is valid in any school district in the State of Texas.