The following is a general overview of the program schedule. Specifics dates and details will be given once accepted into the program.
Orientation and Pre-Service
Limited Admission Cycle
Program Orientation (May 15, 2018)
- All participants will be required attend this mandatory meeting face-to-face.
Blended Training Begins (May 2018 - August 2018)
- All participants begin meeting face-to-face Tuesday and Thursday evenings (6-9pm) and Saturdays (9am-4pm).
- Online coursework continues along with face-to-face meetings.
Field Experience (1 week in June 2018)
- During the week in June all participants are required to participate in a field experience in a classroom setting at a local school campus during the day (7am-5pm).
- During this one week field experience, participants will work with a campus teacher in order to practice concepts and skills introduced in the training sessions.
- Satisfactory completion of this field experience is required to continue in the program.
Blended Training Continues (August 2018 - June 2019)
- All participants continue to meet face-to-face on select Thursdays (6-9pm) and Saturdays (9am-4pm).
- Online coursework continues along with the face-to-face meetings.
Internship Year Begins (August 2018 - June 2019)
- Participants must have secured teaching assignment by October 1, 2018 in order to continue in the program.
- Participants must be employed as a teacher of record by a TEA accredited school district.
- Participants begin receiving on-campus support from a campus mentor and an ECP field supporter.
Recommendation for Standard Teacher Certification (June 2019)
- Upon successful completion of internship year and all program requirements, the participant is recommended for a standard teaching certificate through the State Board for Educator Certification. The teaching certificate is valid in any school district in the State of Texas.