All fees are non-refundable and subject to change.
|Application Fee (due at time of application)
- Required to initiate the application process. Payment must be made during the online application process and is required to transmit the application.
- This fee is assessed to all interns and covers the cost of online courses, professional development, materials and some textbooks during the pre-service portion of the program.
|Inservice Fee (prorated in 9 monthly payments starting with onset of internship year)
- For applicants who successfully obtain employment during the school year, and includes professional development, multiple support services, online course modules, materials, and technical support. This fee may be payroll deducted on a prorated monthly basis during the program year.
| Critical Needs Scholarship (applied for critical needs certification areas ONLY- credited to Inservice Fee)
- For a list of qualifying certification areas for the 2018-19 School year visit the Certification Areas page.
|Total Cost to Participant (Critical Needs Certification Areas)
Total Cost to Participant (non-critical needs areas)
All fees are non-refundable and subject to change
|Out of Region/Service Area Fee (if applicable)
- For participants who obtain employment in a school district that is outside of the Region 13 Service Area will be charged an additional $500 fee for field support travel.
Additional Fees paid to other agencies:
$37.75 fee for Criminal History verification - State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency
$14.00 fee for fingerprinting, recommended through IdentoGO by MorphoTrust USA
$116.00 fee for each certification examination paid to the Educational Testing Service
$78.00 fee for Intern Certificate paid to State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency
$78.00 fee for Probationary Certificate paid to State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency
$78.00 fee for Standard Certificate paid to the State Board for Educator Certification/Texas Education Agency
- A variety of financial aid options are available to ECP interns, including scholarships for select certification areas. The following is a list of those options.
- Scholarships for Specific Certification Areas. The ECP anticipates there will be scholarship funds available for specific certification areas such as those classified as Critical Needs, to offset a portion of the program costs during the internship year. Individual programs offer different scholarship amounts, so please refer to the individual program's Fee's page for details.
- College Access Loan Program: The College Access Loan Program provides alternative educational loans to Texas students enrolled in an alternative certification program who are unable to meet the cost of attendance. The CAL may be used to cover part or all of the student's Expected Family Contribution (EFC); students do not have to demonstrate financial need. This loan program is part of the Hinson-Hazlewood College Student Loan Program administered by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB) More information.
- A+ Federal Credit Union: This credit union offers a low-interest loan that can be used to help defray the cost of the certification process. Students do not have to demonstrate financial need. Download the brochure or visit A+ online.
- Troops to Teachers: This federally funded program is designed to assist military personnel and veterans transition to a new career as public school teachers in "high-needs" schools and districts. Through a network of national, state, and regional offices, participants receive guidance and counseling in various routes and programs leading to teacher certification. In some cases, Troops to Teachers provides financial assistance to eligible veterans.