The following is a general overview of the program schedule. Specific dates and details will be given once accepted into the program.
Program Orientation (January, 2020 9am- 4pm)
- All participants will be required to attend this mandatory face-to-face meeting.
Blended Training (January 2020 - August 2020)
- Face-to-Face classes will be held on Tuesday, and Thursday evenings (6-9pm) and on Saturdays (9am-4pm).
- Online courses will be completed in lieu of select face-to-face meetings.
Specific dates for face-to-face and online classes will be sent upon acceptance.
Field Experience (2 weeks, 7am-5pm daily)
ALL Certification Areas
Field Experience (2 weeks: TBA)
- During two weeks participants are required to participate in a field experience in a classroom setting at a local school campus during the day (7am-5pm).
- During this two-week field experience, participants will work with a campus teacher in order to practice concepts and skills introduced in the training sessions.
- Satisfactory completion of this field experience is required to continue in the program.
Blended Training Continues (August 2020 - June 2021)
- All participants continue to meet face-to-face on select Thursdays (6-9pm) and Saturdays (9am-4pm).
- Online coursework continues along with the face-to-face meetings.
Internship Year Begins (August 2020 - June 2021)
- Participants must have secured teaching assignment by October 1, 2020 in order to continue in the program.
- Participants must be employed as a teacher of record by a TEA accredited school district.
- Participants begin receiving on-campus support from a campus mentor and an ECP field supporter.
Recommendation for Standard Teacher Certification (June 2021)
- Upon successful completion of internship year and all program requirements, the participant is recommended for a standard teaching certificate through the State Board for Educator Certification. The teaching certificate is valid in any school district in the State of Texas.