Information Sessions are held throughout the year to provide detailed information about the Region 13 Educator Certification Program (ECP). These information sessions can be held in an informal face-to-face setting or an online webinar. Anyone interested in learning more about becoming certified as a Texas teacher through our program is welcome to attend.
General Facts about Info Sessions:
- Face to Face information sessions are held at the Region 13 Education Service Center (Directions to Region 13).
- There is no charge for these sessions.
- Registration is not required for the face-to-face sessions, just show up! For the online webinars, you will need to register in advance so the access link can be sent to you.
- Webinar information sessions are conducted through Zoom, an online meeting platform.
- The information session presentation will last about 1 hour (an additional hour is provided for answering individual questions).
During the information session detailed information will be provided regarding:
- Alternative certification in general
- Specific program requirements
- Program curriculum
- General training schedule
- Program fees
Dates for information sessions specific to each program are listed below. If you are not able to attend a face-to-face information session or want to review information covered, please feel free to watch a recorded version of the information session.
PLEASE NOTE THE INFORMATION SESSION FOR ELEMENTARY/SECONDARY AND SPECIAL EDUCATION ARE FOR THE REGULAR 17 MONTH PROGRAM AND NOT THE LIMITED ADMISSION CYCLE.